Our practice is closely monitoring the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). As always, the health and safety of our patients and staff are our highest priority. We intend to take all precautionary measures necessary to reduce the spread of illness. We are strictly following the guidelines recommended by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Alabama Department of Public Health.
The measures we are taking to reduce the spread of illness in our practice, include, but are not limited to:
- Frequent hand washing
- Making hand sanitizer available to patients and visitors
- Sanitizing frequently touched surfaces (such as chairs, iPads, doorknobs, etc.) and equipment at least twice a day
- Cleaning exam rooms with disinfectant immediately prior to admitting patients
- Screening all incoming patients and visitors for signs of respiratory illness
- Closely monitoring our employees for any sign of respiratory illness
- Politely rescheduling appointments for any patients experiencing any respiratory symptoms such as sneezing, cough, fever, difficulty breathing, runny nose or loss of sense of smell and taste.
We ask that you, our valued patients, do everything you can to protect yourselves, your fellow patients and our staff.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms such as sneezing, cough, fever, or trouble breathing. If you come to your appointment and appear ill or exhibit any of the above symptoms, we will ask you to go home and to reschedule your appointment.
- We advise all patients over the age of 60 to reschedule their appointment.
- We ask that you come ALONE to your appointment to reduce the number of limited patient numbers in our lobby or if accompanying a child, limit to just 1 PARENT that is also NOT experiencing any of the above symptoms.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact our office at 205-523-9300.
STEPS TO PREVENT ILLNESS
Please read the following recommendations outlined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or into your elbow
- Wear a facemask if you are sick (you do not need to wear a facemask if you are not sick)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
For more information on preventing the spread of illness, visit the CDC’s website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus or call the Alabama Department of Public Health at 1-888-264-2256.
Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, DCH will offer screening services 8AM-5PM, seven days a week, until the need diminishes. Community members who think they may have contracted the virus will be able to pull up and speak to a provider directly from their own vehicle. Providers will conduct a verbal and visual screening based on the most recent CDC guidelines. DCH has remote screening in the large parking area just west of Dr. Edward Hillard Drive on its Regional Medical Center Campus near the DCH laundry facility, as well as, any Urgent Care or Quick Care clinics are also testing in our Tuscaloosa area.