When Do You Need Hearing Aids?
Hearing loss in adults can be contributed to many factors, including aging, exposure to very loud noises, head injuries, or ear-damaging drugs. No matter what the cause, losing your sense of hearing can be an annoying and troubling experience.
There are several warning signs that are related to hearing loss. These include:
- Straining to hear conversations
- Difficulty hearing people when they speak softly
- Having trouble hearing people when you can’t see their faces
- Difficulty understanding group conversations
- Often complaining that people are mumbling
- Frequently asking people to repeat themselves
- Turning up the TV or radio more loudly than others
If you are experiencing any of these signs of hearing loss, you may need hearing aids. An appointment with one of our doctors can help to determine the severity of your hearing loss, as well as if hearing aids are an option for you. Hearing aids work by amplifying sounds waves, making it easier for you to hear. Soft sounds are made audible so that you can comfortably take part in conversations.
If you are located in the Tuscaloosa area and believe you may be suffering from hearing loss, schedule a consultation with one of our ENT doctors today. Visit our blog if you have any questions!